Which of the following hormones causes increased atrial pressure and decreases sodium reabsorption in the kidneys?
- A. Atrial natriuretic peptide
- B. PTH
- C. Aldosterone
- D. Vasopressin
Angiotensin I is changed by which of the following into Angiotensin II?
- A. ACE
- B. AVT
- C. Pepsin
- D. Adenosine
Which of the following is not a cause of peripheral edema?
- A. Increased capillary permeability
- B. Reduced levels of plasma proteins
- C. Heart failure
- D. Decreased capillary output
Which of the following during an electrocardiogram is associated with hypokalemia?
- A. QRS complex
- B. U wave
- C. PR segment
- D. ST segment
Which of the following is not generally associated with a 2nd degree (Mobitz Type 1) AV block?
- A. Usually asymptomatic
- B. Nonsequential (P wave then QRS complex)
- C. Increased PR segment/interval
- D. 70% Fatal
An S3 heart sound is often associated with?
- A. CHF
- B. COPD
- C. Atrial fib.
- D. Ventricular fib.
Mean arterial pressure is the product of:
- A. TPR x SV
- B. TPR x CO
- C. CO/SV
- D. SV/EDV
During phase 3 of the myocardial action potential which ion is moving the most?
- A. K+
- B. Ca+
- C. Na+
- D. Ca2+
An ejection fraction can be calculated as:
- A. SV/TPR
- B. CO/TPR
- C. SV/EDV
- D. CO/EDV
Which of the following is not a bradykinin effect?
- A. Elevated capillary permeability
- B. Elevated pain levels
- C. Elevated vasodilation response
- D. Elevated prothrombin secretion
PAH is secreted in which of the following locations?
- A. Distal tubule
- B. Loop of Henle
- C. Collecting tubule
- D. Proximal tubule
Which of the following is not an anterior pituitary gland secretion?
- A. TSH
- B. GH
- C. Vasopressin
- D. Prolactin
Thyroid Hormone T3 does not have which of the following functions?
- A. Stimulate bone development and growth
- B. Create beta-adrenergic responses
- C. Cause brain development
- D. Decrease calcium re-absorption
Hypercalemia has not been linked with which of the following?
- A. Paget's disease
- B. Aldosterone
- C. Sarcoidosis
- D. Malignancy
Which of the following does not require the pre-cursor progesterone?
- A. Cortisol
- B. Testosterone
- C. ACTH
- D. Aldosterone
Which of the following is the source cell for the secretion Pepsinogen?
- A. Chief cell
- B. Plasma cell
- C. G cell
- D. Parietal cell
Which of the following is the primary activator of zymogen secretion?
- A. Somatostatin
- B. Secretin
- C. Acetylcholine
- D. Gastrin
Which of the following is not a function of Angiotensin II?
- A. Causes release of aldosterone
- B. Causes vasodilation
- C. Causes increased posterior pituitary activation
- D. Elevates blood pressure
Which of the following is not a function of Progesterone?
- A. Causes increased body temperature.
- B. Causes some smooth muscle relaxation.
- C. Causes increased spiral artery growth
- D. Causes activation of FSH
Which of the following is not a function of Estrogen?
- A. Causes breast growth.
- B. Causes inhibition of FSH
- C. Increased follicle development
- D. Decreased overall transport proteins